[standards-jig] extending disco#info result

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Fri Feb 20 14:36:13 UTC 2004

Richard Dobson wrote:
> I would tend to agree with this, namespaced elements seem much cleaner
> somehow.

I agree too. So each JEP should be free to specify x:data and/or namespaced
elements within disco#info results? But the prefered, cleaner, more
XML-consistent way would be to use namespaces?

Jacek wrote:
> IMHO "Field Standardization for Data Forms" should be used to
> define data meaning.

Yes, thanks. For what it is worth after the general agreement above, here is
the corrected x:data example:

<iq type='result'
    from='darkcave at macbeth.shakespeare.lit'
    to='hag66 at shakespeare.lit/pda'>
  <query xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info'>
    <identity
        category='conference'
        type='text'
        name='A Dark Cave'/>
    <feature var='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc'/>
    <feature var='muc_temporary'/>
    <feature var='muc_unmoderated'/>
    <feature var='muc_nonanonymous'/>
    <x xmlns='jabber:x:data' type='result'>
      <field var='FORM_TYPE' type='hidden'>
        <value>http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#room</value>
      </field>
      <field var='muc#room_desc'>
        <value>The place for all good witches!</value>
      </field>
      <field var='muc#room_subject'>
        <value>Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble</value>
      </field>
      <field var='muc#room_occupants'>
        <value>3</value>
      </field>