[standards-jig] sending mime-type during filetransfer

Dan Gunter dkgunter at lbl.gov
Tue Jan 13 00:19:21 UTC 2004

One small note here. The newer Linux kernels (2.4.x, with patches and
2.6.0) include support for arbitrary attributes to be attached to files,
a feature that is often compared to Mac's separate resource and data
forks. See  http://acl.bestbits.at/. So at least one OS platform is in
fact moving _towards_ including information like MIME types alongside
the files.

- Dan