[standards-jig] XHTML-IM (JEP-0071) and in-band images

Tomasz Sterna tomek at smoczy.net
Tue Jan 13 05:08:03 UTC 2004

W liście z pią, 09-01-2004, godz. 10:47, Richard Dobson pisze:
> > > NAT doesnt present a problem as the point of using SI/filetransfer is
> > > that it can transfer P2P is possible and if not fall back to IBB.
> > Is that fallback defined and standard or at the client author
> > discretion?
> No its a MUST requirement in the file transfer protocol to support IBB.

It theory everything looks fine.

But life had already prooven, that we cannot rely on it.
http://devel.amessage.info/blockibb/

And since it is so big problem for server administrators, they _will_ be
blocking and/or restricting usage of IBB.
And since it is so big problem for server administrators, maybe it would
be a good idea to rethink the usage of IBB.

--
 Pozdrawiam
JID:smoku at chrome.pl
 http://smoczy.net/