[standards-jig] In-Band Registration and DoS protection

Tomasz Sterna tomek at smoczy.net
Thu Jan 15 18:08:53 UTC 2004

W liście z śro, 14-01-2004, godz. 22:23, Thomas Muldowney pisze:
> Really?

Unfortunately.
They have the option (or even Wizard) to register during client setup,
but it does not work... They complain.

> A lot of the other networks use web based interfaces to sign
> up for user accounts.

:-) I cannot name even one.
Maybe I don't know that many. Poland is very specific with IM.

> I would say (and I think Julian would as well)
> that the web interface is much more intuitive to the user.

That would be true if it was constant.
But now most of the servers expect registering in band
and the ones that do expect www are seen as "strange".

And it adds another component to the "machine" - a web server with
access to the jabberd logic.

--
 Pozdrawiam
JID:smoku at chrome.pl