[standards-jig] Discovering alternative routes to users.

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Tue Jan 20 01:27:06 UTC 2004

Hi Joe!

Joe Hildebrand schrieb am 2004-01-19 10:57:03:
> If I'm going to do grouping in the UI, yes.  I suppose they could be cached
> client-side, but how would I know when they change?

Right. Have not thought of this. So I guess the next-generation vCard
protocol needs support for querying only parts of your vCard.
Isn't this something already present in infobits.

Would that be okay? Could imagine that the problem that still exits is
that you do not want to query for each IM system but to ask for
something like "all IM systems". But this could be part of a ng-vCard
protocol as well.

A bit problematic could still be to ask the transport contacts for their
other IM ids. It is easy to get them from native Jabber accounts but you
have to identify the other "instances" of the same contact afterwards.

Tot kijk
    Matthias