[standards-jig] defeating invisibility

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Tue Jan 20 18:12:52 UTC 2004

Hi Peter!

Peter Saint-Andre schrieb am 2004-01-20 11:33:36:
> I chatted with someone last week who brought up a good point about
> invisibility (whether JEP-0126 or JEP-0018): there are straightforward
> ways to defeat it. Let's say I've gone invisibile. You can send me an
> iq:last (JEP-0012) request.

The same is true for message events. If you send someone who is
invisible a message, you normally get back an event, that the message
has been delivered. For privacy reasons the server should send an event,
that it stored the message offline and the client should not send
events.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--