[standards-jig] JEP-0077 Password Changing Security Flaw

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Fri Jan 23 05:04:55 UTC 2004

Precisely. The old rule is, if someone has physical access to your
machine, there is not much a protocol can do to prevent damage.

If you feel this is an important feature, you can always use the
extension mechanism defined in JEP-0077 (i.e., x:data) to implement
the desired functionality. Or turn off in-band registration entirely.

But I will add something about this to the security considerations...

Peter