[standards-jig] about XML framing issue

Richard Dobson richard at dobson-i.net
Fri Jan 30 10:31:17 UTC 2004

> Thank you,  Ralph, I got it.
> So if an XML document is too large, it will be partitioned into smaller
XML frames
> for routing and transferring purpose, just like that has been done for
TCP/IP, am I right.

As Ralph said it is not framed, it is also not partitioned as there is no
need to as there is no real XML document size as far as the protocol is
concerned since it is being sent over a TCP socket, the only limit is an
implementation one in the servers which I seem to recall as being 500k is
jabberd, if you reach this limit you will be sent an error and be
disconnected.

> and a following question is the order of  the frames when received by the
listener. Is there any document about this? Thanks.

I suggest you look up how TCP sockets work you seem to be confused with the
way it works and are thinking it works the way Ethernet framing works.

Richard