AW: [Standards-JIG] avatars

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Fri Jul 2 09:55:50 UTC 2004

Heiner Wolf wrote:

>They are not really in-band? They seem to be always sipub-ed.

Yes. We dropped the idea while discussing.

>But it shows that there are more applications for "getting data objects"
>in different ways. I really would like harmonize all of them.

This was my intent, when I mentioned this proposal.
Maybe we could unify it. Maybe it would suggest someting new to someone.

>We should create a general protocol for getting data objects with the
>- in-band (plain and base64 encoding)

We have JEP-0047.
Why do you insist on creating another IBB protocol?
I really would not like to write another ibb_block module to my jabber
server.

--
smk