[Standards-JIG] avatars

Tomasz Sterna tomek at xiaoka.com
Mon Jul 5 12:39:51 UTC 2004

Thomas Muldowney wrote:

> So then the only question is do we need a generic way to say "I know
> where you can get a chunk of data" in a generic way?

Yes. That's exactly what the IOBJ is.
A way of puting some unique binary data somewhere,
saying "this is the identifier(hash) of the data, and some ways to
retrieve it in case you don't have it yet".

It does not matter if it is available, somewhere in the web or published
by some jabber client over SI/FT.

Maybe we should add a pubsub pointer to the posibilities?

Usages are XHTML and Avatars for now. But the protocol is generic enough
for reuse.

--
smk