[Standards-JIG] Relation of JEP-0080: User Geolocationandietf-geopriv?

Heiner Wolf wolf at bluehands.de
Tue Jul 6 15:56:33 UTC 2004

> First of all, RFC stands for Request for Comments.

Yes. They say: "Please send any comments to the iesg at ietf.org or
for comments. It is no RFC, which means it does not have an IETF RFC
number.

> Second, I don't agree with that we have to follow IETF per se.

Yes. Lets tell them that we don't follow and lets propose something
else. The authors of JEP-0080 probably know the author of
draft-ietf-geopriv-pidf-lo-02.txt. Because I think they have the biggest
authority in this issue I would like to ask, what chance they see to
discuss this from author to autor? I write my comment to the list, but
my position is weaker.

hw
--
Dr. Klaus H. Wolf