[Standards-JIG] Line feeds as delimiters

Helck, Christopher chelck at ebs.com
Fri Jul 23 14:30:18 UTC 2004

I have a client/customer who wants me to modify the XMPP output to include
line feed characters as stanza delimiters. He claims it will be easier for
him to parse the stanzas from the input stream.

Does this violate the standard?

I think this is a bad idea. The client insists that he'll never send
embedded line feeds in text messages and since XMPP doesn't support CDATA
that this will never be a problem. I'm having a hard time arguing with him.

Comments?

Thanks,
C. Helck

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential. This e-mail is intended only for the stated addressee.  If you are not an addressee, you must not disclose, copy, circulate or in any other way use or rely on the information contained in this e-mail. if you have received this e-mail in error, please inform us immediately and delete it and all copies from your system.

EBS Dealing Resources International Limited.  Registered address:  55-56 Lincoln's Inn Fields, London WC2A 3LJ, United Kingdom. Registered number 2633663.

EBS Dealing Resources, Inc, registered in Delaware. Address: 535 Madison Avenue, 24th Floor, New York, NY 10022, USA, and One upper Pond road, Building F - Floor 3, Parsippany, NJ 07054, USA.

EBS Dealing Resources Japan Limited, a Japanese Corporation. Address: Asteer Kayabacho Bldg, 6th Floor, 1-6-1, Shinkawa, Chuo-Ku,  Tokyo 104-0033, Japan.