[Standards-JIG] stream:error for dialback with no SASL support

JD Conley jconley at winfessor.com
Sat Jul 24 17:53:31 UTC 2004

I assume you mean you're implementing STARTTLS for S2S with SASL
EXTERNAL, not implementing STARTTLS in dialback.

Right now the SoapBox Server sends an invalid-namespace stream exception
in the case where an incoming stream is not one of the configured types,
but I think I like not-authorized better.

The biggest pain with implementing SASL for S2S was the fallback
mechanism.  If your local system supports SASL, for external connections
you have to try SASL first and then drop back to dialback if the remote
system doesn't support SASL.  The problem is the different flavors of
servers will reject you in various ways.

Let me know if you want a server to test with that already has
STARTTLS/SASL EXTERNAL implemented for S2S or if you want to chat about
the implementation.

JD
Email/IM: jconley at winfessor.com

SASL