[Standards-JIG] Converting a chat session into a conference

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Wed Jul 28 21:28:55 UTC 2004

On Wed, Jul 28, 2004 at 12:49:16PM -0700, JD Conley wrote:
> I've been brainstorming this recently as well.  In order to make this
> process more automated a unique identifier for the conference room
> should be generated.  A GUID, or something based on a hash of the JIDs
> of the original participants would work fine.  In an effort to keep
> clients simple we could also add something into MUC to request a new
> unique room from the component just like we do with resource binding.

So, basically something like instant nodes in pubsub (JEP-0060)?

> I like the continue addition to the invite.

Yeah, this is interesting. It would be nice though if the initiator would
also be able to send the current history of the private chat to the conference
room so the new participant(s) can also see what has been talked about.

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm