[Standards-JIG] Two suggestions for JEP-0115

CORVOYSIER David FTRD/DMI/REN david.corvoysier at francetelecom.com
Thu Jun 3 15:08:34 UTC 2004

> I'm ok with putting in an implementation note like this, but I'm not
> sure this example is the best, since you're likely to be
> sending out a
> presence stanza anyway when you go into a VoIP call and come back out.

Well, I didn't like my example either, so I had a little discussion with
the client developers and tried to build a better one.

What about a file-transfer plugin with limited concurrent downloads ?
You can specify that you support file transfer with Jep-0115, but use
pub/sub to indicate the changes in the file-transfer plugin state, such
as 'available','busy','suspended' (you could even specify this by upload
slot) ... Maybe an idea for a JEP here ...

In fact, my point was to avoid clients to use the <c> tag to broadcast
every little change in their configuration, but that's pretty obvious,
so ...

David