[Standards-JIG] Proposed Changes to JEP-60 - PubSub

Fletcher, Boyd C. J9C534 Boyd.Fletcher at je.jfcom.mil
Fri Jun 4 02:22:19 UTC 2004

we are still dancing around the fundamental issue, that the specification is not sufficiently defined. we need to clarify the specification in at least these areas:

1) hierarchy separator
2) how notification works
3) changing numerous SHOULDs to MUSTs
4) revamping of the itemID and nodeID naming
5) specifying itemID & nodeID update behavior

JEP-68 and Disco don't apply to the above. I'm not suggesting adding new features that can be discovered or that even those above should be capable of being discovered. I consider them core functions. What should be discovered is something like whether the server supports persistence.

boyd