[Standards-JIG] NEW: Message Archiving

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Sun Jun 6 02:20:33 UTC 2004

On Saturday 05 June 2004 7:06 pm, David Yitzchak Cohen wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 06:23:47PM EDT, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> > Version 0.1 of JEP-0136 (Message Archiving) is now available; this
> > proposal defines a "storage protocol and common disk format for
> > archiving of messages":
> >
> >    http://www.jabber.org/jeps/jep-0136.html
>
> If I'm reading the JEP correctly, we're not storing the actual timestamps
> of individual messages.  Did I miss some discussion on this issue,
> or did the question simply never come up?

Good point.  I think using x:delay could suffice here.  Currently, the JEP
doesn't go into any detail about what is allowed in a saved message stanza,
but the implication is that anything is allowed, including timestamps.

However, it might be worth making a list of required message elements.  My
votes go to body and x:delay.

-Justin