[Standards-JIG] (no subject)

Thomas Muldowney temas at box5.net
Tue Jun 8 17:34:53 UTC 2004

On Jun 8, 2004, at 2:44 AM, Ralph Meijer wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 02:57:07PM +0950, Robert Mibus wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've been looking forward for some time to an Avatar JEP to
>> be "Active", but I haven't seen any movement on JEP 84, nor
>> have I seen a new JEP.
>>
>> What's the status of 84, or any other to-be-proposed Avatar
>> JEP? I looked through the archives for the past few months
>> and didn't see anything... I checked why it was deferred,
>> and it was "automatically deferred" back in December by
>> "stpeter".
>>
>> Is it ever going to be "undeferred", or another JEP set to
>> replace it? Is there anything anyone (I?) can do to help
>> speed things along?
>
> Hi!
>
> As you might have noticed, there has recently been a lot of discussion
> on JEP-0060 or pubsub. This is the bases for the avatar JEP, and
> currently
> a couple of people is working on a first implementation of this JEP,
> to see
> how it would work and how the JEP could be perfected. Keep posted for
> updates.
>
> --
> Groetjes,
>
> Ralphm

I just got back from some much needed vacation and should have a new 84
out soonish.  The new one uses pubsub a bit less, just for info
updates, but should be more fitting.  I also have it mostly implemented
in gabber2 as a testing of the idea.  That code should be finalized
soon as well, and allow others to see where I was going with it.

--temas