[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060: Adjustments for content-basedsubscriptions

Peter Millard me at pgmillard.com
Mon Jun 14 20:35:54 UTC 2004

Bob Wyman wrote:
> I'm really having trouble squeezing the content-based pubsub service
> that we provide at PubSub.com into the confines of JEP-0060.
[Lots of stuff munched for space.........]
> Comments? Am I missing some obvious easier solution to the problems
> outlined above?

This all appears to be ok to me, and not very invasive to the existing
specification. I'm already working on a new revision of JEP-60 which
incorporates recent feedback on this list. I'm interested if any others out
there have other possible solutions for this problem? I'm not opposed to adding
the "subid" attribute to various subscribe places, and the <subid> element to
the notifications, but would like to explore all possible options before putting
something into the JEP.

The server-server problem is hard since you need to change the contents of the
message element for each subscriber with this new <subid> entity. I'm wondering
if hildjj has any thoughts on this. JEP-33 fixes the addressing problem, but
does not fix the <subid> problem.

Comments? Thoughts?

pgm.