[Standards-JIG] JEP-45: configuring members-only

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Sun Jun 20 07:11:46 UTC 2004

Hi Ian,

  Its late so I may not be clear about this, but i'll explain my understanding of things:

  Member-only rooms are rooms where inviteonly is set. allowinvites is then not on because member-only rooms SHOULD have
that restriction.

  However, there is the case where you may have a public room and the invite function is being abused. In this case, it
is possible to restrict invites to admins only by disabling the allowinvites option. Its all about allowing maximum room
flexibility.

Regards,

  David