[Standards-JIG] JEP-45: Revoking room privileges

David Sutton jabber at dsutton.legend.uk.com
Sun Jun 20 13:43:38 UTC 2004

Hi Ian,

   I spent part of this morning re-reading the JEP and trying to fit the
different parts together. I think I now have an idea of how everything
is meant to work, or at least this is my vision of things.

   The room 'creator' is a room owner who is responsible for the room.
There must always be an owner in the room to fulfull that
responsibility, fulfilling the 'permanent owner' requirement. The JEP
also permits for owners to demote other owners. To this end, what I
propose is that an owner can demote any other owner to admin, but not
themself. This will ensure that there is always one owner at all times.
For MU-Conference, in the case where a Service Admin demotes the last
owner, the Service Admin is considered the room 'creator'.

Your thoughts?

Regards,

   David