[Standards-JIG] avatars

Heiner Wolf wolf at bluehands.de
Thu Jun 24 08:50:04 UTC 2004

Hi,

a comment on JEP-0084. It states" First, the image height and width MUST be between thirty-two (32) and sixty-four (64) pixels"

The size is unknown before the image is available. So, the client retrieves it anyway. What happens if image is larger? An implementation can now choose to throw it away, because it does not conform to the spec. A wiser implementation would probably scale it to its needs. So, the "MUST be 32-64" might be ignored in the real world. I therefore propose to make it a SHOULD.

hw
--
Dr. Klaus H. Wolf
bluehands GmbH & Co.mmunication KG