[Standards-JIG] Reason for subscription/unsubscription

Stephen Pendleton spendleton at movsoftware.com
Thu Jun 24 15:33:33 UTC 2004

To state the obvious: you would need to add another stanza to the
subscription request in order to do this.

<presence to='juliet at example.com' type='subscribe'><message>Hi, its Romeo -
I'm dying to talk to you</message></presence>

Of course I believe that would require a change to the draft IETF XMPP spec
and I am assuming this would need to be voted on by the council. However it
seems like a lot of trouble. Have you experienced this issue in the real
world? Personally I accept subs from everyone, and would presumably delete
them later if I determined that they were unwanted (I've never really
encountered this problem). Usually the jid has some identifying info
embedded in it as well (e.g. "romeo3993 at jabber.org")