[Standards-JIG] Question about JEP-0065 (SOCKS5 Bytestreams)

Rachel Blackman rcb at ceruleanstudios.com
Thu Jun 24 23:43:04 UTC 2004

> There appear to be some inconsistencies in JEP-0065 in the
> descriptions of
> SOCKS5 parts of the protocol.

I get the impression that originally the UNAME/PASSWD were going to be
what distinguished the proxy session from any other session, and that
the DST.ADDR and PORT would be used to identify the proxy, but that it
later changed to not require the UNAME/PASSWD and to make the DST.ADDR
and PORT identify the session; it looks like a few bits of the JEP
never got updated?

--
Rachel 'Sparks' Blackman -- sysadmin, developer, mad scientist
"If it is not broken, give me five minutes to redesign it!"