[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060 (pubsub) Event Types

Bob Wyman bob at wyman.us
Sat Jun 26 18:22:06 UTC 2004

Concerning my earlier note:
I got confused between the XSD and the text of the document. The XSD
says that item is not required but the text that Ralph points says that
it is a MUST. If the text is to take precedence over the XSD, then the
XSD should be updated to show that the <item> element is minOccurs=1.

Thus, the definition of the <publish> element would be:

<xs:element name='publish'>
    <xs:complexType>
      <xs:sequence>
        <xs:element ref='item' minOccurs='1' maxOccurs='unbounded'/>
      </xs:sequence>
      <xs:attribute name='node' type='xs:string' use='required'/>
    </xs:complexType>
  </xs:element>

Note: Personally, I think it doesn't make sense to require an empty item
element. It would be appear to be nothing more than a waste of bytes.

		bob wyman