[Standards-JIG] avatars

Heiner Wolf wolf at bluehands.de
Sun Jun 27 14:22:14 UTC 2004

Hi,

Is anyone interested in avatars anyhow?
Is anyone working with avatars?
Did anyone work with avatars in the past?

In addition to JEP-0084: (User Avatars in Jabber) and the "Avatars" wiki (http://www.jabber.org/wiki/index.php/Avatars) I would like to see a design that allows for:

1. in-band data
2. plain and base62 encoding of in-band data
3. OOB URLs leading to the data
4. file-transfer
5. disco and pubsub
6. sipub

Most features are probably desirable for other data than avatars. So maybe 1.-6. should be described as extensions to pubsub, not as features of an avatar protocol. If 1.-6. would be retrieval options for pubsub-ed data in general, then the avatar spec would not define protocol elements, just the avatar namespace, mime types and image sizes.

There will be other data that is pubsub-ed and file-transferred or oob-ed because of karma problems!

hw
--
Dr. Klaus H. Wolf
bluehands GmbH & Co.mmunication KG