[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060: Comments on latest draft.

Stephen Pendleton spendleton at movsoftware.com
Mon Jun 28 16:26:00 UTC 2004

I have no idea how you would write a TLS implementation for a closed-source
stack such as Windows Mobile (Win32 subset). However, using OpenSSL as a
replacement SSL implementation would be doable, and might be preferable. It
is definitely worth considering, but would require a stable port of OpenSSL
to be installed on the client. Of course, SSL with both encryption and
compression enabled has other issues on mobile and embedded platforms as
well (such as CPU/memory usage on devices with limited power/memory).

Of particular interest to me is if server developers have TLS compression
enabled on their SSL implementations? I have only tested with Jabber, Inc's
server. Also of interest, can s2s connections be made via SSL using the
various server implementations?

Thanks