FW: [Standards-JIG] XMPP bandwidth compression

Bob Wyman bob at wyman.us
Mon Jun 28 20:57:59 UTC 2004

David Waite wrote:
> Such as? There are no XML-specific compression schemes that I
> know of, let alone ones which will work on document fragments
> and not 'true' documents.
	There are a number of such things. There are also alternative
encodings of the infoset that can be used to get more efficient
decoding/encoding of XML data as well as greater compression. For instance,
check out:
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/xml/fastinfoset/

Also, check out the W3C project on Binary XML
	http://www.w3.org/XML/Binary/
Position papers from the first workshop can be found at:
	http://www.w3.org/2003/08/binary-interchange-workshop/Report.html

		bob wyman