[Standards-JIG] JEP-0060: Comments on latest draft.

Fabrice Desré - France Telecom R&D/MAPS/AST fabrice.desre at francetelecom.com
Wed Jun 30 09:38:14 UTC 2004

Jean-Louis Seguineau/EXC/ENG wrote:

> P.S. On a more general stand, I have seen good remarks on this thread about
> trying to minimize the size of the XML payload as much as possible. I would
> only point out that using slightly shorter namespaces would definitively go
> in the right direction, as this would decrease EVERY stanza's size
> accordingly, not just one of them once and a while :)
>
> I there a valid requirement to use http://jabber.org/protocol/muc (30
> characters) instead of for example xmpp:muc (8 characters) ?

  Using namespace declaration and prefixes would also help to minimize
XML size. Why redeclare the same namespaces on each stanza ? You can
just declare xmlns:muc=http://jabber.org/protocol/muc on the root
stream, and use the muc: prefix afterwards.

	Fabrice
--
Fabrice Desré
France Télécom R&D/MAPS/AST