[Standards-JIG] message events in MUC

JD Conley jconley at winfessor.com
Wed Jun 30 16:39:08 UTC 2004

I wondered this as well when I was doing a MUC implementation a while
back.  However, I agree with the original MUC authors.  In my opinion,
chat state notifications can be a bit "chatty" for an open chat room.
It would at least double the load on the MUC server, and use a lot more
bandwidth.  It's fine for private chats, but we shouldn't use it when
broadcasting.

JD