[Standards-JIG] message events in MUC

JD Conley jconley at winfessor.com
Wed Jun 30 21:58:11 UTC 2004

I agree that we should not forbid the action in the specification.
However, in large public chats (Like many IRC rooms with hundreds of
users), it would increase the MUC bandwidth and processing overhead
significantly.

I'm fine with verbiage like: "A client SHOULD NOT send JEP-0020 or
JEP-0085 notifications and a service implementation MAY block these
stanzas to conserve bandwidth."  I could see this as an option in the
configuration form of a room.

JD