[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0049 (Private XML Storage)

Chris Mullins cmullins at winfessor.com
Tue Mar 2 05:12:22 UTC 2004

Are there any plans to add an iteration mechanism to private storage?

As a user, if I could iterate through the various things I've stored
(node name / namespace name), things would work a lot smoother. As it
sits, if I don't know the magic node name and the magic namespace name,
I've got no way of retrieving my data from the server.

The current approach works fine for the current usage of private storage
- storing bookmarks, preferences and perhaps a private key, but really
falls short of a more general use case...

The other thing it could use would be an "official" way to break up
large data into chunks. This would let me store an MP3 (or whatever) up
there, as I could retrieve is 1 chunk at a time...

--
Chris