[Standards-JIG] NEW: JEP-0127: Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) overXMPP

Bob Wyman bobwyman at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 3 02:05:17 UTC 2004

This is great. At PubSub.com, we've been looking at CAP for a while
and are seriously considering supporting it in our systems. Thus, this
might be a great excuse to do build the link between PubSub.com and
Jabber! Our idea is that we would accept CAP feeds from any available
source and then allow people to subscribe to whatever portion of they
feed they wanted. Delivery would be via RSS feed, email, REST
interface, and hopefully Jabber. We'll probably start off with the NWS
Weather Alerts since they are provided in CAP format and will probably
produce CAP messages for earthquakes (since we can't find a source for
this data.)

Of course, we are a bit concerned since it appears that the CAP
specification is *very* immature and really should go through some
serious review before people come to rely on it...

		bob wyman