[Standards-JIG] SIP jep?

Ulrich Staudinger us at die-horde.de
Tue Mar 9 20:07:26 UTC 2004

The TINS jep makes sense. it merges basics of SIP and SDPng, although i
can imagine a pure SDPng-embedding approach as well. What i like about
the JEP is the use SDPng instead of plain ASCII sdp.

But, TINS only works for one-to-one use cases and misses all those
functionalities used for administration of i.e. a conference.

It would be great to end up with a merged JEP, fitting both one-to-one
and conference use cases.

[1] * http://www.iptel.org/sip/siptutorial.pdf - great in-depth overview

Ulrich