[Standards-JIG] Media protocol LOI

tony.cheung at asiayeah.com tony.cheung at asiayeah.com
Wed Mar 10 10:00:00 UTC 2004

Some thoughts,

1. Instead of building an XML version of SIP, we actually only need an invitation or session establishment mechanism in XMPP. Building an xml version of sip may not be too useful because existing sip servers and clients cannot interoperate with the xml version anyway.

2. When we rebuild existing functionality as the current SIP infrastructure provides, we need to know our core values. Some ideas may be: simpler clients and servers, fewer interoperability issues, better firewall traversal or simply integration of existing XMPP infrastructure.

3. We may ignore H.323 for legacy reasons.

Tony Cheung