[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0100 (Gateway Interaction)

Ralph Meijer jabber.org at ralphm.ik.nu
Wed Mar 10 16:45:29 UTC 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 08:42:34AM -0700, Ben Schumacher wrote:
> On Mar 10, 2004, at 4:04 AM, Paul Curtis wrote:
> >On Tuesday, March 9, 2004, at 10:46  PM, Ben Schumacher wrote:
>
> This is a band-aid type problem. If we rip it off right now, it'll hurt
> a lot for a little while, but in the end we will be happy sooner. If we
> try to slowly remove it, it's still going to hurt and we're going to
> have to deal with that fact for the rest of our life as XMPP users.

The use of & to separate GET parameters in URLs, when used in HTML documents
suffers from a similar problem. In XHTML & must be escaped as &, because
& is the start of character entities (whereas in HTML it is recommended).

Couldn't we just go and push using %nn escaping, while also trying to support
the old use of %?

--
Groetjes,

Ralphm