[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0100 (Gateway Interaction)

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Thu Mar 11 10:56:30 UTC 2004

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 10:45:53AM -0000, Richard Dobson wrote:
> It would be far better to have a standardised encoding scheme for transport

Do you know the requirements for any possible transport? What are the
possible identifiers (username, user number, mail-like 'user at host' are
known, but there could be something more out there).

For my IRC transport do I have to use the user unfriendly
'#channel%irc.server at irc.transport' JIDs, when I prefer simple
'#channel at irc-network.transport' JID? Or other implementations should
change mapping to my scheme (which won't fit their architecture)?
Let the transport implementators make the choice.

> JID's so you dont even need to make any protocol requests, these create
> delays, and create unneccesary server load,

This is not an issue. There are many other protocols requests that make
JID mapping delay/load not significant at all.

Greets,
	Jacek