[Standards-JIG] media conferencing, flow segmenting

CORVOYSIER David FTRD/DMI/REN david.corvoysier at francetelecom.com
Fri Mar 12 15:24:18 UTC 2004

I don't understand what you mean by "Related to SIP/H323": do you mean
you will actually use these protocols ? Or is it just that this step
corresponds to an XMPP equivalent of these protocol (I do agree with
that).
If you really mean using SIP or H323, then I don't understand why you
need a separate SDP step, because both protocols already have it (SIP
actually uses SDP).

Another thing: what about NAT issues ? It is often desirable to know
whether users can reach each other before actually trying to start the
RTP flow. I think this step may be included between the feature
negotiation and the calling step.

There is another use case too: when you start a 1-2-1 call and switch to
a conference when someone else joins (a bit tricky actually, perhaps not
supporting it at all is a valid option).

David Corvoysier.