[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0030 (Service Discovery)

Jacek Konieczny jajcus at bnet.pl
Tue Mar 16 07:57:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 15, 2004 at 11:01:26PM -0600, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> I see at least one outstanding issue with this JEP: it seems to me that
> inclusion of the 'name' attribute in disco#items results is contrary to
> the spirit of the JEP, since it requires a parent to know something more
> than just the JID of a child node.

When we have no information in disco#items result but the JID/node, that
we need in most cases query all of the nodes with disco#info - making
a lot of unneccessary trafic. When the name is given, than user can
choose element he wants to know something more about. IMHO 'name'
attribute should stay.

Greets,
	Jacek