[Standards-JIG] certificate and private key retreival

Justin Karneges justin-keyword-jabber.093179 at affinix.com
Tue Mar 16 20:39:39 UTC 2004

On Tuesday 16 March 2004 12:14 pm, Ian Paterson wrote:
> > <sidenote>
> > The nice thing about X.509 is that it greatly simplifies security to the
>
> point
>
> > that even our mothers can understand it.
>
> <side-sidenote>
> I totally agree that the idea of certificates is wonderfully simple. But
> I've never found any X.509 documentation that I find easily comprehensible.
> Can you recommend any URLs?
> </side-sidenote>

Sorry, I don't have any.  But I'm sure Google can help.  My only real
experience with X.509 comes from using the OpenSSL library, and judging by
the API calls available, I have a fairly decent understanding of how it
works.  Of course, this was not easy, as OpenSSL itself is lacking in good
docs as well. :(

> > Agreed, this is where Jesper's JEP will come in, I think.
>
> Which number is that please?

It has no number yet, but can be found here:
  http://krogh.cc/jep-template.html

-Justin