[Standards-JIG] certificate and private key retreival

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Tue Mar 16 22:58:14 UTC 2004

> > The nice thing about X.509 is that it greatly
> > simplifies security to the point.
> > that even our mothers can understand it.

Unfortunately only if she has the OpenSSL library. ;)

Implementing efficient RSA/AES/SHA-1/MD5/BlowFish from scratch in JavaScript
was easy... when compared to trying to decipher the X.509 specs. :(

In the end I just gave up and developed a proprietory certificate format.

IMHO X.509 is an unnecessarily complex file format. If we go with X.509
(because it is a standard) then I will probably have to read the OpenSSL
code just to understand it.

> http://krogh.cc/jep-template.html

Thanks for the link.