[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0027 (Current Jabber OpenPGP Usa ge)

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Wed Mar 17 22:39:52 UTC 2004

Hi Ian!

Ian Paterson schrieb am 2004-03-16 10:05:01:
> What about when a user switches (within five minutes) between two different
> clients (resources).
>
> If the message sender does not specify a resource then the message could be
> replayed to the second client.
>
> Perhaps the message IDs should be stored on the server, not locally on the
> client.

I didn't think this thought to end yet ... but what about if the message
id is not generated sole by the sender, but in cooperation by the sender
and the receiver? If the receiver does not generate the same part of the
valid IDs again, the replay would not work, I guess.

Storing on the server does not satisfy me as the client has to trust the
server that no message IDs have been removed from the storage on the
server.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--