[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0027 (Current Jabber OpenPGP Usa ge)

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Thu Mar 18 08:46:18 UTC 2004

Hi Jacek!

Jacek Konieczny schrieb am 2004-03-18 09:20:14:
> I don't like "im:" prefix, as it may mean anything, which could be used
> by other protocol in some incompatible manner. But now I am not sure
> about that.

As far as I understood, the "im:" prefix is intended to be used by
different IM systems and there is work in process for a protocol to
check with which IM systems the owner of this URI could be reached.
I like this idea of the same URI prefix for IM systems very much (as
soon as there is a standard to find out if the user can be contacted
with XMPP, SIMPLE, or whatever).

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--