[Standards-JIG] UPDATED: JEP-0055 (Jabber Searching)

Chris Mullins cmullins at winfessor.com
Mon Mar 22 21:21:25 UTC 2004

If we're going to plan on using iq:search for offering up large numbers
of MUC rooms and other related things, then it needs to be changed from
"informational" over to "standards track".

Although I don't see it in the JEP, I remember IQ:Search results as
trickling in, a few stanzas at a time, with a final "done" stanza
indicating the search is complete. That behavior is not XMPP compliant,
as it does not follow the one request / one response pattern demanded by
XMPP for all IQ stanzas. (Am I thinking of something else? I would swear
I remember reading this in the JEP).

--
Chris Mullins