[Standards-JIG] Re: UPDATED: JEP-0055 (Jabber Searching)

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at jabber.org
Mon Mar 22 22:07:38 UTC 2004

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 11:04:56PM +0100, Magnus Henoch wrote:
> "Chris Mullins" <cmullins at winfessor.com> writes:
> > Although I don't see it in the JEP, I remember IQ:Search results as
> > trickling in, a few stanzas at a time, with a final "done" stanza
> > indicating the search is complete. That behavior is not XMPP compliant,
> > as it does not follow the one request / one response pattern demanded by
> > XMPP for all IQ stanzas. (Am I thinking of something else? I would swear
> > I remember reading this in the JEP).
>
> This is in JEP-0004, section 4.5.  There is no "done" stanza, though.
>
> The text and the examples specifically and exclusively use
> jabber:iq:search, which implies that it should be in JEP-0055.
> However, this is where the <reported/> tag is documented, so some of
> it needs to stay.

JEP-0004 requires a thorough editorial review, which I will run by the
authors of JEP-0004 before publishing. I have completed an editorial
review of all other Draft, Final, and Active JEPs, but I've been putting
off working on JEP-0004 -- will try to finish that this week.

Jabber Software Foundation