[[Standards-JIG] jep-0025]

maqi at jabberstudio.org maqi at jabberstudio.org
Thu Mar 25 19:40:15 UTC 2004

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Sen wrote:

> My Ideas (corrected for compatable): Guarantee delivery
>  When connection break (not correctly closed) , messages which have
> been sent disappear ...

It's pretty simple to solve this even for standard TCP connections. The
server should keep a list of messages that gets cleared everytime the
clients sends some data or gracefully logs off. In case of a broken
connection, the messages should get stored as offline messages on the
server.

This does not need any extensions to JEP-25 and would help the people on
standard XMPP TCP connections, too.

Regards