[[Standards-JIG] jep-0025]

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Thu Mar 25 22:18:35 UTC 2004

maqi at jabberstudio.org wrote:
> It's pretty simple to solve this even for standard TCP connections. The
> server should keep a list of messages that gets cleared everytime the
> clients sends some data or gracefully logs off. In case of a broken
> connection, the messages should get stored as offline messages on the
> server.
> This does not need any extensions to JEP-25 and would help the people on
> standard XMPP TCP connections, too.

What if the client to server connection manager is on a separate machine to
the main jabber server. On which machine are the offline messages stored?

- If they are stored on the main jabber server then there needs to be some
protocol for the connection manager to 'reject' messages.
- If the messages are stored on the connection manager then what if the user
connects via a different connection manager the next time. (e.g. one
connection manager for HTTP, another for fixed TCP)