[[Standards-JIG] jep-0025]

Ian Paterson ian.paterson at clientside.co.uk
Fri Mar 26 08:43:46 UTC 2004

Hi Matthias!

Matthias wrote:
> Not sure in jabberd2 ... in jabberd14 this "protocol" exists. You
> just have to reject the message the session manager sends to the
> client connection managing component.
> Or in general: I don't think this needs a JEP. The internal
> handling in a Jabber server should be implementation specific.

I agree that the protocol is implementation specific within a Jabber
server's components.

But perhaps we need a standard <message/> rejection protocol that proxies
can use? For example, today there are many external HTTP connection manager
implementations that act as proxies.

On the other hand, once JEP-0124 is finished, if each server implements a
JEP-0124 connection manager in parallel with its XMPP connection manager,
then the need for those proxies will disappear. :)

Are there any other situations where proxies are needed?