network integrity (was Re: [[Standards-JIG] jep-0025])

Matthias Wimmer m at tthias.net
Sun Mar 28 14:55:31 UTC 2004

Hi Malte!

maqi at jabberstudio.org schrieb am 2004-03-26 14:18:07:
> [1]
> I forgot to mention why this is important even for TCP: Currently, if a
> c2s connection breaks, the user's presence stays "online" for some time.
> Every message sent to the user in this time gets lost.

As soon as the user gets a message the socket waits for an ACK to the
TCP packet containing the new message. If this does not arrive the
socket will be closed after some retransmissions. Therefore normally
there are not many messages affected. But in general you are right.

Tot kijk
    Matthias

--
Fon: +49-(0)70 0770 07770       http://matthias.wimmer.name/