[Standards-JIG] JEP-0045 (MUC) - Differences between the XML Schemas definition and the examples

Gaston Dombiak dombiak_gaston at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 18:51:00 UTC 2004

Hi all,

While destroying a room I see that the service removes each occupant. Each
occupant will receive a stanza like this:

<presence
    from='heath at macbeth.shakespeare.lit/firstwitch'
    to='crone1 at shakespeare.lit/desktop'
    type='unavailable'>
  <x xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#user'>
    <item affiliation='none' role='none'/>
    <destroy jid='darkcave at macbeth.shakespeare.lit'>
      <reason>Macbeth doth come.</reason>
    </destroy>
  </x>
</presence>

In the XML Schemas I don't see the destroy element as a valid element of x
in the namespace http://jabber.org/protocol/muc#user. So my question is who
is correct? Is the definition correct or the destroy element is a valid
element?

My other question is if the alt element is being used? I don't see any
mention of it in the JEP document but it's being defined in the XML Schema.
If the alt element is a valid element then I would like to know what's the
meaning of that element?

Thanks,

  -- Gato